Saturday, September 29, 2007

House centipedes (aka "Daddy long-leg centipede alien bugs!")


Mike and I are still new at this blog stuff. But, life is good for us. We love being married and have so much fun together. We also love our little basement apartment we live in, even though it is infested with spiders and house centipedes. Mike has taught me to remember to scream, "Bug!" when I see one instead of just scream (sometimes he's left trying to figure out what I'm screaming at, and that can make his imagination wander too). Luckilly our house got sprayed so we've been okay for the time being. I'm getting better at facing my fears though.
Since we're the typical poor newly wed couple, we go on fun and cheap dates. Last night, Mike and I went to feed some ducks on the Provo River trail. We only had two pieces of bread, but the ducks didn't seem to mind. They got really close to us too. Our other dates consist of us driving to Cedar Hills to my dad's. We "rent" movies from him to save money and switch them out each time we visit. We also watch "The Office" with them, since it is our favorite TV show (and we don't have TV).
Other than our fun dates, Mike and I have been very busy with work and school. Mike works full time at Dixon and goes to BYU full time too. I've been going to school at UVSC and am in the process of applying to the nursing program. I work at an LTAC hospital PRN and work part-time at an apartment complex called Carriage Cove. (Honestly it's the easiest job I've ever had. I get paid to eat treats, answer the phone, and watch TV, along with a bit of other trivial tasks). But life is great for us. We're going on 6 months of marriage (almost 7) and are still going strong!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Your dates sound like fun. I am so glad you have a blog. I linked the family blog to it. Thanks for commenting!

Annette said...

Hey Melissa- Remember when I warned you about those horrible looking long fuzzy squiggly bugs that run around that apt? Well I'm sure you remember now that they are haunting you. I don't need to yell "bug" because the look of death on my face is the only hint Dan needs to know that his presence is required ASAP. At least you don't have to worry about the 4 lizards that have taken up residence in our home. They don't even pay rent to make matters worse. I just capture them in canning jars and wait until Dan sets them free outside. In fact, the other day I was sweeping the porch and I saw a lizard run away from my broom and then all of a sudden something was wiggling and I screamed and then yelled and then screamed some more. It was terrifying. I told Dan what happened and he said the lizard made its tail fall off to detract from itself running away to safety. After my panic attack I made peace with the lizard and put a flower next to the tail. I'm not sure if I would have reptiles or insects to deal with. Hmmm.... neither?!!! Well, good luck with those furry friends, 4 years or bug generations of ancestors later! Love, Annette