Friday, September 12, 2008

Arizona Part I

Melissa and Mike on their way to Arizona...bored out of their minds.


"Sego Lillie," not to be confused with...


"Saguaro cactus!"


On Labor Day weekend, Mike and I drove the 10 hr drive to Arizona to visit my sister. On the way, I bet Mike $1 that the big green cactuses were called "Segolillies." (I swear I had learned that somewhere in one of my history classes growing up). He thought they were called "Saguaro" cacti. After calling our knowledgeable brother Dan, we found out Mike was right, so I owed him a buck. He bet me on the name of "Joshua trees" too, in which I also lost. I have learned from this experience that my husband has this well of knowledge that is extremely huge. I should never contradict him because he remembers the most random facts after hearing them once. (By the way, segolillies are the UT state flower).

2 comments:

Becky said...

Chris has the same useless well of knowledge, they must be related. I want him to go onto Jeopardy and win us our fortune :) Yes, Alex...what is the time it would take to get from Mars to Earth while carrying an unladen swallow?
We love Support Your Local Sherrif! "Puperty hit her hard." Have you seen "What's up Doc?" If not, you HAVE to see it, one of my fav.s!

Amy Bigelow said...

hahahahaha dork! hint number one.... LILY=flower!