Sunday, April 20, 2008

Green Thumb

The full and completed look.




I had to buy this cute little bug.




The right sided view of our flower bed.



So we decided to plant a flower bed in front of our home, it being our first one ever. With a little advice from Aunt Betsy, we gathered our tools, bought some pansies/petunias, and found about 100 pounds of turkey crap (aka Nutri-Mulch) to cover our front yard with. (Side note: We were glad to find that our turkey mulch contained "no human waste", thus helping with the smell.) In the end, our flower beds turned out beautimous (thanks to my hubby's strong muscles). We're keeping our fingers crossed that it will actually survive and not be wiped out by any April snow blizzards. (Another tip of advice we didn't know: "Don't plant flowers until AFTER Memorial day in May!" which was told to us by Donetta, my loving manager.)

6 comments:

leigh said...

Wow! The flower bed looks ubergreat. One time when matt was destroying a house I gathered some old bricks to make a flower bed. It took me more than an hour to stack them so they wouldn't be thrown out. When I went to pick them up, the owner decided that he wanted them! Dumb owner. Well, again, its a lovely addition to your home.

Jen said...

Your house looks so cute! The inside looks great, too. You should come visit and tell me how to decorate mine!

Jessica said...

The garden looks beautiful! I am very impressed! can't wait to get together with you guys! Hope all is well and that you both survived finals!

Becky said...

I didn't know you had a blog! That's a great little garden you've got going. By the way, that house centipede lives in our basement, ick! Supposedly they eat the other bugs, but they happen to be the ones I don't want. Luckily they're scaredy bugs and run when the lights turn on or when you pull the laundry off of the top of them.

Unknown said...

hey! this is sammy your cousin fyi. i saw your blog from jenny's and im loving the new house. you guys have decorating skill. i am a new blogger myself so you'll have to check out my sweet blog. Good luck with your flower bed!

Unknown said...

hey melissa and mike! this is sammy your cousin from down south. haha., anyway just thought i'd tell ya i got a blog too! im new at this... and your house is very cute!!