Monday, August 10, 2009

Watermelon Belly

Just thought we'd post a few pics showing what a mommy pregnant with twins can expect....
#1 Watermelon Belly: These stretch marks erupted overnight...no joke either.
#2: Closer view of the ugly stretch marks needing constant lotioning to aleviate the pain, stinging, and itchiness. (32 weeks here- compare to last blog only one week ago)

#3: Side profile of creeping stretch marks and low hanging belly. Thank goodness I can still manage to eat some things. I actually lost 1 lb these past two weeks, but apparently the babies are still growing which is good! (As of late I've only been able to consume about 1200 calories per day due to no stomach capacity. This adds to the light-headedness and feelings of blacking out quite often. Once again, it confines me to my bed).

#4: Endless bedrest with mounds of pillows: Somehow a pregnant woman has to get some sleep. Mike and I have figured out a way.... the high pillows help alleviate acid reflux and allow for comfort and easier positioning while sleeping.
Anyways, just thought we'd scare all you new moms with such fun things to look forward to. (Of course though, my pregnancy has been one of a kind.) We are currently 32 weeks and are hoping to make it to 34 weeks somehow. I just hope my stretch marks won't burst open....








9 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Oh man Melissa... you are such a TROOPER!

Jen said...

Keep up the good work Melissa, you can do it!

Becky said...

That is horrible!!!! I have to break it to you but your career choice of being a bikini model is long gone. There's always legs, feet, and hand modeling though. I don't even qualify for those, though I must say the upper part of my ear has its certain charms.
I'm so happy that you've made it to 32 weeks! Just think of it in days. Just another day, just another day after that one. I have to do that when I run, just 5 more steps, just 5 more steps...

Brett and Lex said...

Oh, you look uncomfortable! I'm so sorry!! Only a few more weeks! And what a miracle that you have been able to go this long!! I can't wait to see these babies!!

Justin and Lora said...

Keep at it Melissa! This is definitely one of the times where you apply the, "I didn't say it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it," quote. Everyone is so proud of you and we all know you will be a wonderful mom! Kudos to Mike, too. You guys will be great parents!

Ana Steinagel said...

Hang in there Melissa. You're my hero.

On the Path of Infertility said...

Melissa,

I love reading your blog. I am so sorry your pregnacy has been so hard. Everytime time I get sad or weird about my changing body. I try to remember that it will all be worth it when I finally have my baby in my arms. You are going to be such great mom! Don't worry you are still so beautiful!!!!!

The Morrows said...

Strech marks and all, I think you are beautiful prego! Hope everything goes well, you and the babies healthy and happy! Hope your next post is of those precious babies!

Trisha B said...

I totally know what that is like. I'm a friend of your sister Annette and found your blog through hers. I had twin boys in February. Hang in there.