Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I HATE DOCTORS!!!

Here is my belly at 35 weeks 3 days (Sept.1st). It is huge. I currently hate my doctors....and my body for not going into labor. My doctors said the earliest they'd induce me is September 9th after amniocentesis to determine lung development. This is still 8 days away. I know it seems like nothing to most people...and like it's such a short time...but honestly it is NOT. I am so miserable it is not even funny. The babies are so heavy. My back aches. Oh yeah, and not to mention the bladder infections I keep getting....which I'm finally on a maintenance dose of antibiotics for. (Earlier I had one and 4 days later I got another one. I've never had one in my life, but I figure the babies are just sitting on everything down there always, causing it to get infected.). But the main reason I hate my doctors is they do not understand how miserable I am. My one doctor was in favor of the amniocentesis, but only at 36 weeks. The perinatologist said he was not in favor and wanted to know my reasoning for it....me being COMPLETELY MISERABLE was just not enough for him. (I wish a HUGE case of MY pregnancy on him in the next life or something...then he'd realize why he should have induced me like 3 months ago.) Mike and I are just praying the babies lungs will be okay so I can be delivered. The day they'd tentatively be born is 09/09/09...kinda interesting. (It's better than September 11th though.) I still have no clue how I'm going to make it through one more week. It continues to get more difficult every day.
My side profile at 35 weeks 3 days. I don't wish a twin pregnancy on anybody. By the way, as of last Tuesday, Baby A is 4 lbs 13 ounces and Baby B is 4 lbs 11 ounces (plus or minus a few ounces). I'm sure they're in the 5 pound range now that it's one week later.
James, Tira, and Annette babysitting me while Mike is at school. (Preparing meals makes me nauseas. Coupled with no energy, this requires me to be babysat. Yes, I am 23 years old. Obviously, INDEPENDENT me, has had to learn to let people help her....actually I've had to learn that this whole entire pregnancy. I am ever so greatful for everyone's help though.) FYI the movie in the background is Stardust.
Little Tira wanting her picture taken. James and she want to name our babies "Lion" and "Leopard" after their stuffed animals. They also like "Cookie" and "Froggy".
Tira's Tinkerbell Hair-do. She loves it and wanted a picture taken of it.
This reminds me of me. I used to curl up in the blankets to be warm and comfortable. Mike would say I was sitting on my "Rock nest" like a penguin incubating its eggs. Just thought it was funny that Tira does it too.






6 comments:

Devri said...

YUCK, being pregnant is the absolute worst! Don't be too mad at your dr's, they just want to make sure your babies are OK because that's the most important thing. The longer they bake, the healthier they will be. All women are miserable at the very end but those babies have to be #1 priority now so try to hang in there for those 2 little ones. :-) You can do it! You've gone so far already! Plus, they're easier to babysit right now then they are going to be in a few days. lol

Bladder infections are horrible. It's most likely not from them laying on your bladder but from not drinking enough fluids. I've had bladder & kidney infections (bladder infections turn into kidney infections which are more severe) since I was 5 and have to take antibiotics every single day for the rest of my life to try and prevent them and still have a breakthrough infection every couple months. I totally feel your pain and I'm sorry!

I remember being on bed rest with toxemia for months and thinking it would never end. I was scared for not only my life but Bria's every day when it got bad. They almost had to do an emergency delivery at 32 weeks but our prayers were answered and we made it until 39 weeks before I was induced and I was thankful because besides a bit of a lung scare, she was perfect. It was totally worth it!

Everything will be totally worth it soon! When you hold your babies in your arms you will want to do it all over again for them.You are SO CLOSE! Try to think how close you are and not how far away it is. HOORAY!!! Our prayers will continue to be with all 4 of you.

P.S. Sorry for the super long message. :-)

Becky said...

Ouchiness! I am so sorry that you are suffering. I was talking to a few of the ladies and I really think you need to somehow get a Lazyboy type recliner for when the babies come. You will be tired and it's the best set up for nursing and sleeping. I didn't have one with the twins and fell asleep once while nursing Reed who then rolled off my legs and onto the floor. Poor boy. Anyway, that is the way to go! May the force be with you and may you use it to convince your doctors of the errors of their ways.

Brett and Lex said...

Hang in there! Let me know if I can do anything! Can't wait to see you on Thursday!!!

KimandJake said...

I love you buddy! I'm so proud of you for hanging in there and enduring through all of the pain. You are definitely an amazing woman. See you soon!

The Morrows said...

I am sorry to hear that things are not going well or the way you had hoped. Just because the doctors went to more school does not mean they know more. You know your body best and I am sure you would never do anything to harm your precious babies!

Keep in there, things will always turn out for the best! And BTW, I still think you are a gorgeous prego woman!

Ken and Jan said...

You can do it! If you need a visitor let me know.