Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First comes love, then comes marriage....

Just in case you are all uninformed about our current status in life, we learned 2.5 weeks ago that we are having a baby! Yes, that's right....Melissa is prego! After a little scare of some spotting over this past weekend, the doctor ordered an ultrasound to make sure the baby was okay. While in the room, the lab tech informed us that the baby's heart rate was 116 bpm. She said the baby looks normal and healthy. She then adjusted her imaging and focused on another mass. Much to our surprise she then stated, "And baby B's heart rate is 124 bpm."
Immediately Mike and I gasped as we realized what this lady was saying. Yes, she was speaking English. And yes, she was informing us that we are pregnant with TWINS!! Wahoo twinners! So you can all feel as special and happy as we currently do (well almost), here are some pictures of our beloved and precious little "A" and "B" babies (that's right, it's plural).
Whole perspective of my innards: including uterus, bladder and two little babies up top.


Close up on the little ones...due October 8-9ish.

Measurements. According to the imaging, they are about 6.5 and 6.4 weeks along.

Anyways, in all seriousness, it was one of the most amazing things for us to wittness their little hearts beat and actually hear them. So, instead of being devastated about the health of the "baby", we felt incredibly blessed to learn there are two which are both alive and healthy.



16 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so happy for you, really. If you're going to do the twin thing, first is the best! You are going to have so much fun with those babies. I'm really hoping that at least one of them is a girl. Are you going to nurse them, or have you not thought that far in advance. If you are, I'll show you the double nursing pad you must have. It's super embarrassing but it's efficient. Don't go inflatable...this is sounding worse and worse as I go on. We'll talk :)

Somerset said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to watch the belly grow...and grow, and grow, while your scrubs get tighter and tighter! Congrats!

KimandJake said...

I knew it!!! When you were telling me about the medicine that could cause "twins or triplets" I knew that you were going to be preggers with multiple babies. Now I just need to come and steal one (or both) when they are born so I can get over my baby hungry issues! I'm so excited for you guys! Both you and Mike will be such good parents! Love you Melvin!

ashley said...

that is so exciting! You are going to be such a good mom! there couldnt be anyone better to send twins to, you will have so much fun with them!

Nickell said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Do twins run in the family? I want twins so badly!! That's fantastic!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!!! CONGRATULATIONS.that is very very exciting:)

Jen said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! I am so excited and sorry for you at the same time. After they're born if you ever need to come live at my house for a week I will help you so you don't die of sleep deprivation. They will be such a great blessing, and you will love them to death. When it gets tough, just remember they get better and better. The first six weeks is the hardest. Look at me blather as if I know what I am talking about. You'll get used to everyone giving you unwanted advice soon enough, I suppose.

Chris Williams said...

Have you had any of this yet: "I knew someone who was expecting twins and . . .(insert horror story here)"

You will. Seriously, though enjoy this time. The whole process is a miracle, and the end result is worth the wait. Ditto the comment about the first 6 weeks being the hardest. You can sleep in 10 minute snippets though, trust me.

Ahh, memories. Just like old times. After this one baby is nothing.

Amy Bigelow said...

Congrats Melly! Um, how do we figure out what is what in the picture? I think harry and larry will be sooo cute!

MOMMACITA said...

This is Leigh's mom...
Congratualtions to you both! What fun and happy news. I think you are so so so lucky!

Matt said...

You are awesome, many congrats... we're excited for you guys, and Henry is happy for some future playmates!

Jessica T. said...

Congratulations!!! Having a baby is such a blessing, and the most amazing moment in life. I couldn't even imagine having twins! Enjoy every moment!

Paige said...

You and Mike will make the best parents! I know someone knew what they were doing when they sent two to you guys!

Sam & Michelle said...

Congrats! That is so exciting

Rew4747 said...

(This is Ethan's mom) Melissa and Mike - congratulations!!!! I found a picture I want to email to you, but I don't have your address. I'm not literate about blogging, though. Can you send it to Ethan's address that shows in this box as I'm writing this? I hope so!

Princess Di said...

Melissa...What great news! I can't think of anything more exciting at this time in life! Congratulations! You will be an AMAZING mother! I am so happy for you!
Diana (Hardy) Cragun